Screen Printing 101 in DTLA
Screen Printing Academy DTLA Class | Silk Screen Classes in Los Angeles
Get started where the pros got started. Mclogan has been teaching and starting companies in the screen printing business since 1922. We are now offering a two-day class that will get you started in the screen printing business. The class will teach everything from exposing screens to the business side of screenprinting. When you have completed the academy you will be ready to open a business or start your own T-shirt company.
Screen Printing L.A. Class Sizes:
We will be keeping the class size to a maximum of 12 people so we have more one-on-one time with each student.
Screen Printing L.A. Class Times:
Friday and Saturday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., in downtown Los Angeles
Screen Printing L.A. Location:
Mclogan Supply, 2010 S. Main St, Los Angeles CA 90007
Ross Hunter - Silkscreen Industry Expert, Southern California
Screen Printing L.A. Class Details:
- Introduction to Art; Vector art with Photoshop, Jpeg, tiff, and bmp, spot color, separations, 4 color process, and assorted graphic programs.
- Films and Output; Why an ink jet printer? Inkjet RIP, plotters, density req.
- Screen Preparation; Frame & mesh selection, pre-stretched wood versus aluminum and pre-production paperwork.
- Setting up a Screen room; Racks, lighting, dehumidifiers and environment.
- Pre-press; Degreasing, emulsions, coating, drying, exposure and block-out.
- Setting Up a Job & Printing; Print order, registration, strike-offs and printing techniques.
- Curing Parameters; Flash temperatures, final cure parameters and testing.
- Breaking Down a Job; Proper cleaning techniques, washing screens for storage or reclamation, filing screens and inspection of screens.
- Production Tracking; Final counts, cleaning garments, misprints and filling out production reports for job repeatability and consistency.
- Additional Tips & Advice; Print placements, Photoshop separation guide, blends, puff ink tricks, curable reducers and assorted short cuts.
- Screen Printing as a Business; Tips on the business side of screen printing. Learn how to supplement your income or create your own company through screen printing.
The above is a brief outline of what will be covered; there will be plenty of questions and in-depth analysis of each step covered. It is a wealth of information to allow you, the printer the opportunity to succeed in your business. Just remember knowledge is POWER! Don't delay register today!
Lunch both days will be provided as well as refreshments during the day by Mclogan Supply, the screen printing and screen experts.
Screen Printing L.A. Class Specials:
Special pricing on equipment and supplies will be available to all students attending the two-day class.
We look forward to seeing you at the classes!
You can reschedule your class for another date as long as you provide us with 24hour notice. If you do not contact us 24 hours in advance you will be charged a re-booking fee of $50. To make arrangements, or to request help, please email email@example.com (213) 749-2262.
If you purchased through Coursehorse, our Refund & Cancellation policy applies to your purchase. If you are entitled to a refund, or have any questions, please contact Coursehorse here.